EFTA00920244.pdf
dataset_9 pdf 179.8 KB • Feb 3, 2026 • 3 pages
From:
To: "Jeff Epstein" <jeevacation@gmail.com>, "Diane Weinberg" <
Subject: Re: RRA continued
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:21:46 +0000
Importance: Normal
Not sure whether its just the way doj allows fbi to avoid even redacting or indexing requiring court order to do
more in ordinary cases investigated by fbi - or whether it is unusual
Intend to make inquiries tomorrow and tuesday
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
From: Jeffrey Epstein <jeevacation@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 19:40:30 +0200
To:
Subject: Re: RRA continued
what do you think? „ is that normal?
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM, <-% wrote:
FOIA appeal re FBI denial of all recs due to law enforcement exception upheld by D0J
Request for index denied as well
Next step Is to challenge by filing lawsuit
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
From: "Roy BLACK" <
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:34:07 -0400
To: <jeevacationegmail.com>•
Subject: RRA continued
Fort Lauderdale
Scott Rothstein computer techs sentenced to
federal prison
By Jon Burstein
Curtis Renie and William 3. Corte reached plea deals after they
created a fake bank website used to convince investors that Ponzi
schemer Scott Rothstein had more than $1 billion in his accounts.
Upload and share your own.
You can share related videos and photos.
Submit: Video Pictures Stories
EFTA00920244
By Jon Burstein
Sun Sentinel
Two computer specialists for Scott Rothstein's law firm were sentenced Wednesday to 37 months in federal prison for
creating a fake bank website that the Ponzi schemer used to dupe his investors.
Rothstein paid Curtis Renie, his chief technology officer, and William J. Corte, a computer technician, $5,000 apiece to
create a dummy version of TD Bank's website so it would show the fraudster's bank accounts bulging with up to $1.1
billion. Rothstein would use the fake website to convince potential investors that their money was secured in trust
accounts.
The two computer technicians repeatedly modified the fake website at Rothstein's request, with Renie deleting the site
after Rothstein's Ponzi scheme publicly imploded in late October 2009. Prosecutors said 42 investors lost $64 million
after the dummy site was used to assure them and/or their representatives that their money would be safe.
Renie and Corte, both 38, pleaded guilty in June in Fort Lauderdale federal court to conspiracy to commit wire fraud, a
charge that can carry up to five years in prison.
Both men chose not to address the court before U.S. District Judge William Dimitrouleas handed down their prison
sentences. As family members wept, they were taken into federal custody.
So far, six people have been sentenced for playing some role in Rothstein's criminal activities, which the disbarred
lawyer ran out of his downtown Fort Lauderdale law firm, Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler. Rothstein is serving a 50-year
prison sentence after pleading guilty to racketeering, money laundering and fraud in the $1.4 billion investment fraud,
the largest in South Florida history.
Attorneys for Renie and Corte argued the two men had no idea how Rothstein was using the fake website and that
they were simply employees doing work for a boss heading the hottest law firm in South Florida.
"[Corte] was manipulated by the master manipulatori said Carl Lida, one of Corte's attorneys.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Kaplan argued that when Rothstein asked Corte and Renie to create the fake website in
December 2007, they initially said they couldn't. When Rothstein offered them money, that's when Corte told Renie he
could create the fake site, Kaplan said.
After completing the site, Corte sent an email to Rothstein stating that Project "Shock and Awe" was finished, federal
prosecutors wrote in court documents.
Dimitrouleas said the evidence clearly showed Renie and Corte were aware that the website was being used to trick
investors.
Renie, of Fort Lauderdale, and Corte, of Plantation, have cooperated with federal investigators. The five Rothstein
associates arrested to date have all negotiated deals with prosecutors. The law firm's chief operating officer, Debra
Villegas, was sentenced to 10 years in prison, while former law partner Howard Kusnick received a two-year sentence
and Rothstein associate Stephen Caputi got a five-year term.
Alvin Entin, one of Corte's attorneys, said his client agreed to the plea deal rather than risk facing a charge of
conspiracy to commit racketeering that could carry up to 20 years in prison.
"I would sure hate to be in the next wave," said Entin, observing that his client was a minor player compared to those
who had inside knowledge of Rothstein's criminal activities.
Prosecutors indicated in June that they were moving toward a "multi-defendant" indictment within the next six months
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/28/2430094/scott-rothstein-computer-techs.html#ixzzlZKI1G9fz
EFTA00920245
The information contained in this communication is
confidential, may be attorney-client privileged, may
constitute inside information, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. It is the property of
Jeffrey Epstein
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this
communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail or by e-mail to jeevacation@gmail.com, and
destroy this communication and all copies thereof,
including all attachments. copyright -all rights reserved
EFTA00920246
Entities
0 total entities mentioned
No entities found in this document
Document Metadata
- Document ID
- 689c3a49-4dea-490c-87a9-1d74dae73839
- Storage Key
- dataset_9/EFTA00920244.pdf
- Content Hash
- 9d2e4692c45f832dccf63f58721743ed
- Created
- Feb 3, 2026